How can we improve the MOG Desktop applications?

MOG Desktop App for Windows

Bring the desktop client to Windows.

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    brandanbrandan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HarryHarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MOG=MEGA FAIL.
        Crappy android app, cannot add songs to playlist from the android app and yet it works fine on ios

Desktop app is a POS, for some reason it plays half the song and skips to the next song.

Total crap MOG, how are you surviving?

Moving to Spotify.

• Donald PearlDonald Pearl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this desktop app needs to be browser based. Even when my browser is closed this thing runs through firefox. Consequently, whenever I'm browsing the internet, and I choose a new song, it slows firefox to a crawl.......that's sad. I never had this trouble with spotify. And btw, I'm a paying user.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You think maybe now MOG/HTC-Beats might consider the windows phone app????
        .No wonder your selling. Great model, horrible management

• Andrew HansenAndrew Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for finally rolling this out!

-There still seems to be some discrepancies with the desktop application and the release dates for albums. I also noticed several if not most release dates are inaccurate when using the ipad and iphone Mog applications.

-Would be nice to have a way to sort must by certain filters. for instance sort a bands albums by release date (assuming the release date data was accurate), or popularity.

-Also I would love to see a mini player that can dock in the taskbar (ala iTunes, windows media player).

-There also seems to be some odd behavior with the windows scaling, I can not drag the application wider than a certain length and the way it docks to my monitor is odd. It only will "fullscreen" on the left portion of my monitor. Not sure if this was suppose to be a space saving idea, but with my multi-monitor setup it just seems to be in the way.

-When playing music and you click the Home Icon in the lower left I loose the Now playing info with album art and track progress bar.

• David FarrellDavid Farrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great! It's so nice to have a dedicated application. The sound quality is good, and Airplay is working flawlessly (I previously used Airfoil on Windows, but this is working much better!)

One issue: The window doesn't resize horizontally, only vertically. Similarly, when I maximize the window, it doesn't actually maximize across the whole screen. Also, when I resize the window up, I get two vertical scroll bars.

A request: It would be great if we could maximize the window without borders (same as pressing F11 in web browsers).

• Griffin VacheronGriffin Vacheron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got the desktop app, loving it so far! Sounds better than the webplayer, loads tracks faster, and airplay is flawless! Great work :D Only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a "mini mode" ala iTunes.

• Jon ButlerJon Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just downloaded the desktop app - sounds great! (five minutes and no hang-ups. thanks!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just downloaded the Desktop app...great! Now can we get taskbar controls for Windows 7?

• James BoehmlerJames Boehmler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can never get the browser based MOG to work, and would love to have a stand alone app (not unlike the Pandora desktop app which works flawlessly).

New MOG user here, I like it but I cant wait to have a stand alone client for my windows desktop! Like it on the mac and iphone! To the guy that wonders what's wrong with the web interface, it seems a little less responsive than spotify's app, but it's mainly because I've got so many tabs open I prefer to simply alt-tab or click to a standalone app to control my music player.

I left MOG for Spotify because of the lack of a real full featured Windows client.

• brandanbrandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

get this thing out how much longer am I going to need to wait. Tell us if there is some progress on this at least.

• galenusgalenus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, I want to see a "Volume Leveling" feature implemented. Don't ask why!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base